Bangalore’s heli taxis start flying from March 1.
- Two Bell 407 helicopters are ready to fly passengers from Bangalore’s Kempegowda International Airport to Electronic City, Phase 1 and to HAL Airport.
- While the schedule for the flights is flexible, the heli taxi will operate in two shifts, for now.
- There will be an average of three round-trips between Bangalore’s Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) and Electronic City from 6.30am to 9.30am and another three round-trips from 3.00pm to 6.15pm.
- The four-blade, single-engine Bell 407 chopper to be used as a heli taxi can seat up to six people.
- Tickets for the heli taxi are priced at Rs4,130 per seat (Rs3,500 + GST). It also includes carry-on luggage up to 15kg. Anything over that will have to be shipped over ground at extra cost.
- You can book your seat through the Heli Taxii mobile app
- Next on the cards are helicopter flights between HAL Airbase and Whitefield.